Jeanné Dyer, MA, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor
(TX 80660 Licensed by the Texas State Board of Professional Counselors)
(713) 678-0403 ext. 0
Jeanné is a University of Houston-Clear Lake alumni earning her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology. As a student clinician at the UHCL Psychological Services Clinic and Shriner’s Burns Hospital for Children, she specialized in working with children and families who are challenged by the effects of trauma, depression, anxiety, and ADHD. She now specializes in providing trauma therapy using EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing).
Trauma Related Issues/Past and Recent Trauma, Ongoing Stress, Pain/Suffering, Anticipation Stress (Academic, Athletic, and Social Anxiety), Grief/Loss, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, Behavioral Issues, Academic Difficulty, Anxiety, Depression, Body Image, Social Skills, Personality Disorder
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy DNA-V Model, Behavioral Parent Training (BPT), Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Culturally Sensitive, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR), Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT), Trauma-Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT), Motivational Interviewing (MI)
**Telehealth is available through HIPPA-protected Behavioral Health Telemedicine software.**
Our work will begin by creating a safe and secure environment in which trust and readiness has been developed. We will do the hard work together so that you can release the past and receive all that feels authentically fitting for you. The journey of life is more meaningful and easier to navigate as you develop a clear personal philosophy and identify personal values. You can begin to feel connected in your relationships, experience self-love, and feel empowered and brave in moving toward personal goals. I am here to hold a safe space as you explore the past and discover how to create a lifestyle that you desire with confidence. It is my desire to be a safe place and a source of support and guidance on your journey of life.
If you can recall a time when you felt deeply unsafe or helpless, this is a traumatic memory possibly affecting your thoughts, emotions, bodily sensations, and holding you back in some way from living a life of freedom and authenticity. Your traumatic experience may have been many years ago, very recent, or a result of ongoing stress. You’ve likely been in fight or flight since March 2020 because living in a pandemic is traumatic ongoing stress. EMDR can be highly effective in clearing specific memories, sensations, traumatic symptoms, and instills a sense of confidence as you face any situation that would have previously triggered fears.
Trauma & Stress Services:
- Combat irrational fears and develop strength to persevere through ongoing stress (medical issues, pain, mental health, recurrent trauma, sensory sensitivity, effects of COVID)
- Desensitize traumatic memories, decrease triggers, gain confidence in sense of strength, security, and worthiness
Behavioral and Academic Services:
- Assessment of adaptive and problem behaviors in home, school, college, and social settings
- Behavior and emotion intervention for home, school, and medical settings (goal setting, compliance, daily routine, organizational skills, time management, sleep issues (nightmares, independent sleeping), toilet training
- Development of emotion regulation, social skills, and positive habits that improve academics and organization
- Produce 504 recommendations for accommodations in school and college
- Development of strong and healthy parent-child relationships
- Promote success through identifying and managing behavioral and emotional strengths and weaknesses
Quality of Life Services:
- Development of a values-driven lifestyle in adolescents and adults using DNA-V model (Discoverer, Noticer, Advisor - Vitality/Value)
- Holistic approach - Focusing on the whole individual, including mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, and social aspects
- Education of mental and physical effects of nutrition, sleep, moving the body, time in nature, and having fun!
- Using the Enneagram, identify personality type, strengths, and weaknesses. Gain awareness of how you experience stress and how to use your strengths to regain and maintain balance.
- Assessment of Attachment Styles (Anxious, Avoidant, and Secure) in relationships with family and friends
Assessments for Behavioral Health, Mental Health, and Personality:
- Behavior Assessment System for Children (BASC)
- Personality Inventory for DSM-5 (PID-5)
- Enneagram of Personality
- Multidimensional Inventory of Dissociation (MID)